The best thing since sliced bread are pancakes for breakfast! They’re even better if they’re made of Ragi. Working women do not have much time to take care of their nutrition needs and junk eating is much easier and faster. If you’re going to be spending time in the kitchen cooking, why not kill two birds with one stone?
Ragi or millet is one of the most nutritious foods and one of the most sought after health diets. Incidentally, Ragi is grown in large parts of the Deccan Plateau, Maharashtra, and Andhra Pradesh. That’s why it is quite cheap in India where it was traditionally eaten by poor people who could not afford wheat. Try our nutrition loaded Ragi pancakes which are not just a health nut’s dream but also a delicious delight! If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast to whip up quickly, look no further than our Ragi pancakes! Here’s how to get a healthy breakfast of Ragi pancakes:
- Ragi flour-75 gms
- Rice flour-50gms
- Soya flour-25 gms
- Onion chopped-3
- Green Chili chopped-3
- Grated coconut-3 tablespoons
- Water- as required
- Oil- as required
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the ragi, rice, and soya flours.
- Add some water to the mix in the bowl and make a smooth batter by constantly stirring the mix. Make sure to stir in a clockwise direction.
- Add the chopped onions and green chili to the batter.
- Add three tablespoons of grated coconut to the batter.
- Set it aside for about 10-15 minutes
- Heat a pan and add a tablespoon of cooking oil to it.
- Now, you can spread your batter on the pan and make your pancakes.
- Make sure to keep both the sides of the pancake a light brown.
Your Ragi pancakes are now ready and can be eaten with chutney or sauce.