Omurice a delicious combination of omelet and fried rice is a world famous Japanese dish. It is a type of yoshoku, a japanese cuisine influenced by the western culture. Easy and quick to make omurice is the best way you can use the left overs in your refrigerator. It is the quintessential kid-friendly meal which is indeed a super-friend for all the mommy’s as well.
The traditional way consists of cooking fried rice with some tomato ketchup with over all topping of the tomato sauce giving it a sweet and sour taste We have brought some innovations in this to please your Indian tongues, here’s the breakdown of how to make this super healthy yummilious meal.
- Serves 2
- Preparation time 25 mins.
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 1 table spoon Vegetable oil/ Garlic Butter
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 chopped cherry tomato
- Finely chopped spring onions
- 1 carrot chopped in cubes
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup thawed peas
- 8 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 ½ cup boiled basmati rice
- 1 tbspn tomato ketchup
- For Omelet:
- 4 whisked eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the pan and add vegetable oil or garlic butter.
- Add onions cook them for 2-3 minutes until golden brown
- Add carrots, mushrooms, peas and cook them for another 3 minutes
- Add cherry tomatoes and ketchup to the pan. Cook them for another 1 min
- And add rice to it and cook it for 3 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish it with some spring onions.
- Keep it aside.
- For Omelet:
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl
- Heat some butter in a pan, add eggs and prepare omelets
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the fried rice in the omelet and make proper rolls.
- Top it with some more tomato ketchup.
- You can also add chicken or pork pieces while cooking the fried rice.
- If available add a teaspoon of white wine while while cooking rice.
- Along with the tomato sauce you can also garnish it with some mint mayonnaise and mustard sauce to enhance the taste.Not merely a healthy meal, omurice is also great for Hangovers! So after a hard party night, you can lighten up your head, the following sunrise with this super healthy brunch.