Eid is a festival of sugar and spice. And what can make it sweeter? The tasty delicacies that you can whip up for your family this festival. We have here two amazing desserts for you which will leave your family licking theirs fingers in appreciation. Trust us, they wouldn’t want to leave the table! So take your pick and enrich your festivities with these delicacies.
It’s sweet, soft and lightly spiced! And your family will love it! Yes, it’s easy to make too.
- Boiling water-2 cups
- Sugar- 2 cups
- Cardamom seeds- 3
- Cinnamon stick-1
- Plain flour-2 cups
- Salted butter-1 cup
- Raisins-1/2 cup
- Dissolve the sugar in boiling water and add the cardamom and cinnamon to it.
- Sieve the flour into a wide pan and cook over low heat with constant stirring, until golden brown.
- It may take about 25 minutes, but take care to not burn it or it will taste bitter.
- Pour the melted butter and raisins to it and stir until it starts coming out of the pan. Remove the pan from heat.
- Take the boiling water mix and sieve the spice from it until you get the sugary water.
- Add this to the flour and put the pan on heat. Mix very fast so as to avoid forming lumps.
- Cook until all the water is absorbed. The mixture will be very soft.
- Serve warm and garnish with pistachio.
This is another dessert that will leave your family rubbing their tummies in appreciation!
- Sliced bread-1 loaf
- Melted unsalted butter- 100g
- Thick cream
- Mozzarella Cheese
For sugar syrup
- Sugar-1 cup
- Water- ½ cup
- lemon juice- ½ tablespoon
- Rose water- 1 tablespoon
- Slice away the bread sides and make it into fine crumbs.
- Mix butter with bread crumbs.
- Line the baking pan with baking paper or grease it with melted butter or cooking spray.
- On the pan, place a layer of the butter bread mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of cream on it.
- Shred the mozzarella and sprinkle it all over.
- Place the remaining butter and bread mix on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- The top and bottom should become golden brown.
- Garnish with pistachios and cut into pieces and serve.
- Pour the sugar syrup over it and enjoy!
Preparing the sugar syrup
- Put sugar, water and lemon juice in a pan.
- On high heat, stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and pour rose water to it.