If you have ever been to Goa, these prawn puffs must be one of your favorite memories! If you haven’t, then you better mark this Goan food on your bucket list. Prawn puffs are a spicy Goan snack and are available in almost every coffee shop there. You can make this awesome monsoon recipe in your home with this easy and tasty recipe!
Just remember if you are buying unpeeled prawns, then smell them and feel them with your fingers for freshness. Go with bright and shiny shells that have some spring left in them. Wash well after cleaning thoroughly. Prawns can give you stomach upset if not properly cleaned so girls do take proper care. When your ingredients are better, your dish also comes out better! Else if you are not sure just go with canned prawns.
- Puff pastry- 1 box
- Diced raw prawns- 250 grams
- Diced onion-1
- Green chilies chopped-2
- Turmeric powder- A pinch
- 1 egg beaten for egg wash
- Sugar-1 tablespoon
- Chopped cilantro-1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Clean de-thread and dice the prawns. Apply salt and keep them aside.
- In a hot pan add oil, green chilies and diced onions.
- Sauté until lightly brown.
- To the browned onions add turmeric, prawns, sugar, and season with salt.
- Sauté till the prawns are cooked for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and add chopped fresh cilantro.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Spray oil in muffin pan and line the cups with cut puff pastry.
- Cut out rounds of exact size in puff pastry to cover the muffin cup on top.
- Fill the prawn mixture and cover with puff rounds on top.
- Pinch them on the sides to form a cover.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Your Prawn puffs are now ready and you can serve them hot!